- 250 gm washed potatoes, halved
- 500 gm zucchini, coarsely grated
- 1 long green chilli, finely chopped
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 90 gm (½ cup) rice flour
- Sunflower oil, for shallow-frying
- Lemon wedges, to serve
Smoky tomato aïoli
- 2 tbsp chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- A pinch of chilli powder
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- ½ cup (150 gm) mayonnaise
- 1Place potatoes in a small saucepan, cover with water and bring to the boil. Cook until tender (20 minutes). Drain, return to the pan and coarsely mash with a fork.
- 2Meanwhile, to make smoky tomato aïoli, place tomatoes in a small bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside to soften (12 minutes), then drain. Blend or process tomatoes, paprika, chilli, garlic and mayonnaise until smooth. Season to taste.
- 3Place grated zucchini in a clean tea towel and squeeze over sink to remove excess moisture. Transfer zucchini to a large bowl with chilli, potato, spring onion and rice flour. Season to taste and mix well to combine.
- 4Heat 2cm of oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Shape ¼-cup measures of the zucchini mixture into ovals to make 12 in total. Shallow-fry, in batches, until golden and crisp (6 minutes). Remove with a slotted spoon and drain.
- 5Serve croquettes with aïoli and lemon wedges for squeezing.