- 400 gm fresh egg linguine
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded and cut into julienne
- 1 lemon, pith removed, rind cut into julienne
- 16 zucchini flowers, thinly sliced lengthwise
- ½ cup loosely packed dill sprigs
- ¼ cup chives cut into 2 cm lengths
- 300 gm cooked crabmeat
- 1Cook linguine in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for 5 minutes or until al dente. Drain and keep warm. Heat olive oil in a frying pan, add garlic and cook for 30 seconds over medium heat, add chilli lemon rind and cook for another 2 minutes without colouring, then add zucchini flowers and cook for 3-5 minutes or until tender. Add crab and toss to warm through and season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add linguine, dill sprigs and chives, season to taste and toss to combine. Serve drizzled with lemon infused extra-virgin olive oil.
Drink Suggestion: 2006 Montana Gisborne Unoaked Chardonnay.