This is a great way to sneak in a healthy party snack. If you don't like raw broccoli, give it a quick blanch first. This dip is best eaten on the day it's made, but it's so tasty, you're unlikely to have leftovers anyway.
- 350 gm broccoli, coarsely chopped
- 150 gm smoked almonds, plus extra coarsely chopped to serve
- 60 gm parmesan, finely grated
- ½ garlic clove, finely chopped
- Finely grated rind and juice of 1 lemon, plus 1 extra lemon, halved
- 125 ml (½ cup) olive oil
- 4 Lebanese flatbreads, to serve
- 175 gm (about 1 bunch) broccolini, trimmed
- To serve: dried chilli flakes
- 1Combine broccoli, almonds, parmesan, garlic, lemon rind and juice in a food processor, pulse to combine then add 80ml oil in a thin steady stream until smooth (if it’s more like a paste, add extra oil). Season to taste, cover and refrigerate until required.
- 2Heat a char-grill pan to high, brush flatbreads with oil and grill, turning once, until golden and crisp (1-2 minutes). Drizzle broccolini and lemon halves with oil, season to taste and grill, turning occasionally, until charred (1-2 minutes). Serve with broccoli dip scattered with extra nuts and chilli flakes and charred flatbread.
Drink Suggestion: Savoury, dry white arneis. Drink suggestion by Max Allen