This ultra-simple sandwich is our take on the signature served at Hong Kong's Australia Dairy Company. Shaved leg ham would add another dimension, as would toasting one side of the bread slices, but we love the simplicity of this straight-up version. It's definitely a case of a dish being greater than the sum of its parts.
- 8 eggs
- 300 ml pouring cream
- 2 tsp light soy sauce
- 30 gm butter, diced, plus extra, softened for spreading
- 8 thick slices soft white bread from a square loaf, crusts trimmed
- 1Whisk eggs, cream and soy sauce in a bowl to combine and season to taste. Melt butter in a
large non-stick frying pan over medium heat, add egg mixture and cook, gently stirring occasionally, until egg is just set (3-4 minutes).
- 2Meanwhile, butter bread, then top half the slices with scrambled egg, sandwich with remaining slices and serve.
Drink Suggestion: A nice cup of tea Drink suggestion by Max Allen
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Food & CultureEverything you need to know about Parasite’s “ram-don”Yesterday 12:00am