Use any combination of spring vegetables in this salad, but aim for a contrast of flavours and textures. New-season broad beans are generally small and tender, meaning they can be served raw. If yours are on the large side, blanch and refresh them before peeling.
- 3 bunches asparagus, trimmed and thinly sliced lengthways on a mandoline
- 3 zucchini, thinly sliced lengthways on a mandoline
- 300 gm small podded broad beans (about 600gm unpodded), shelled
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1½ cups young dandelion leaves (loosely packed)
- ¾ cup mint
- 100 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1For mint dressing, mix ingredients in a bowl and season to taste.
- 2Combine asparagus, zucchini, broad beans and spring onion in a large bowl, drizzle with mint dressing to taste and toss lightly to combine. Scatter with dandelion and mint, drizzle with extra dressing and serve.