- 45 gm softened butter
- 500 gm drained firm ricotta
- 250 gm crème fraîche
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Finely grated rind of 1 orange and 1 lemon
- 4 egg yolks
- 75 gm caster sugar
- 150 gm pouring cream
- 150 gm candied fruit, diced, plus extra to garnish
- 1Process butter in a food processor until smooth, add ricotta, crème fraîche and vanilla, blend until smooth, transfer to a bowl and add zest. Set aside.
- 2Cream yolks and sugar, then warm the cream and add to the yolks, stirring to combine. Transfer to a clean pan and cook, stirring continuously, until mixture coats the back of the spoon. Strain into a bowl sitting over ice and allow to cool.
- 3Combine the custard and the ricotta mixture and mix until smooth, then fold in the candied fruit.
- 4Serve the paskha as we have here, in a bowl and topped with extra candied fruit, or press overnight as is traditional. Line two 500ml terracotta flower pots with damp muslin and fill with the mixture, fold the muslin over the top, weight with something heavy and refrigerate overnight. Turn paskha out, garnish with extra candied fruits and serve with <a href="http://www.gourmettraveller.com.au/recipes/recipe-search/masterclass/2015/3/kulich/">kulich</a>.