The intense flavours of this sorbetto are pure and clean, and really need little in the way of accompaniment - a drizzle of extra passionfruit pulp is delicious but entirely optional.
- 250 gm caster sugar
- 600 ml passionfruit pulp (from about 24 large passionfruit)
- 150 ml orange juice
- ½ cup (firmly packed) mint
- 1Stir sugar and 260ml water in a saucepan over medium-high heat until sugar dissolves, and bring to the boil. Cook for 1 minute, cool, then refrigerate until chilled.
- 2Process passionfruit, orange juice and mint in a food processor until juice separates from seeds and mint is finely chopped. Pass through a sieve over a bowl, pressing to extract all the liquid (discard seeds). Add sugar syrup to taste, then whisk and refrigerate to chill. Churn in an ice-cream machine then freeze until firm (2-3 hours).
- 3Serve in bowls or cups with a little extra passionfruit pulp to the side.
Note This recipe makes 1 litre.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Food NewsAnthea Loucas Bosha named CEO of Food and Wine VictoriaYesterday 11:16pm