There's something majestic about duck, yet many people shy away from cooking it. Duck is in fact rather easy to cook. To balance the fat, acidic fruits such as orange and rhubarb are always perfect partners.
- 2 kg duck, cut into 8 pieces on the bone
- 180 gm rhubarb, cut into 3cm pieces
- 60 gm white sugar
- 220 ml freshly squeezed orange juice (from about 2 oranges)
- 10 sage leaves, plus extra to serve
- 1Preheat oven to 200C. Place a wire rack in a roasting pan, sit duck on top and roast until duck begins to brown (35-40 minutes).
- 2Pour fat from pan and place duck in pan without rack. Combine remaining ingredients, season to taste, pour mixture over duck and continue roasting until duck is falling from the bone (30 minutes). Serve topped with extra sage.
Drink Suggestion: Lively young frappato from Sicily. Drink suggestion by Max Allen
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Travel NewsNew art collections and shows worth travelling forYesterday 5:58am
- Food NewsGourmet Traveller taste tests McDonald’s Wagyu Beef BurgerYesterday 12:35am