- 50 gm each walnuts and pine nuts
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 hot-smoked rainbow trout (350gm), skin and bones removed, flesh flaked (250gm)
- 4 cups (loosely packed) baby rocket
- ½ Spanish onion, thinly sliced
- 30 gm salmon roe
- To serve: sumac
- 60 ml (¼ cup) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1½ tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp each finely chopped chives and flat-leaf parsley
- 1Preheat oven to 180C. Roast nuts on an oven tray, shaking occasionally, until golden-brown (4-5 minutes). Cool briefly, then coarsely chop and transfer to a large bowl.
- 2Meanwhile, cook eggs in a saucepan of boiling water until medium-boiled (6 minutes). Refresh in a bowl of iced water, peel and set aside.
- 3For lemon dressing, whisk olive oil and lemon juice in a bowl to combine, then stir in herbs and season to taste.
- 4Add trout, rocket and onion to nuts. Halve eggs, coarsely chop four halves and add to salad. Add half the dressing and gently toss to combine, then transfer to serving plates. Add an egg half to each serving, top with roe, drizzle around extra dressing, sprinkle with a little sumac and serve.