"There are a lot of wild mushrooms in the Jura and during the mushroom season everybody gets up early and walks through the forests and fields to pick them. This is a recipe for breakfast after picking."
- 500 gm mixed wild mushrooms, such as pine or slippery Jack, brushed and trimmed
- 5 golden shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 60 ml (¼ cup) extra-virgin olive oil
- 50 gm butter, coarsely chopped
- 30 gm (2 tbsp) lightly roasted hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- 20 gm shaved parmesan
- 8 thyme sprigs, plus extra to serve
- 2 tbsp hazelnut oil
- 1Preheat oven to 200C. Place mushrooms in a single layer in a baking dish large enough to hold them snugly, season to taste, scatter over remaining ingredients. Bake, covered with foil, until just tender (10-12 minutes), serve immediately, scattered with extra thyme sprigs.
This recipe is from the July 2009 issue of .