- 2 tsp olive oil
- 300 gm chorizo, cut into 1cm dice
- 8 eggs
- 8 scallops, at room temperature
- To serve: sourdough toast and coriander sprigs
- 1Heat half the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat, add chorizo and fry until chorizo is a little crisp and it has released its oil (2-3 minutes). Crack eggs into the pan (try to get some chorizo in the white), season to taste and cook until cooked to your liking (3-4 minutes for soft yolks).
- 2Heat remaining oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat, add scallops and cook until browned (2 minutes), turn and cook for another 30 seconds.
- 3Serve eggs and chorizo on toasted sourdough, topped with scallops and coriander sprigs.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- ExplainersEveryone's making sourdough; we're making focacciaYesterday 7:30am
- Fast RecipesSpiced yoghurt chicken with cardamom-coconut pilafYesterday 6:00am