Avocado might not scream "dessert", but it adds creaminess and body to this chocolate mousse, keeping the whole thing dairy-free, and reducing the setting time - a simple way to impress guests in no time.
- 100 gm dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids), finely chopped
- 2 avocados, coarsely chopped
- 50 gm coconut sugar
- 20 gm (¼ cup) raw cacao powder or dutch-process cocoa
- 30 ml espresso
- Scraped seeds of 1 vanilla bean
- Raspberries and coarsely chopped roasted hazelnuts, to serve
- 1Melt chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (1-2 minutes), then cool briefly.
- 2Process avocado, sugar, cocoa, espresso and vanilla seeds in a food processor until combined (1 minute). Add melted chocolate and process until light and fluffy. Divide among small serving bowls, place in the freezer to chill for 8-10 minutes and serve scattered with raspberries and hazelnuts.