This baked ricotta is a beautiful light pudding to complete any dinner, but it also makes a great brunch. For a gluten-free version, substitute almond meal for the flour.
- 40 gm butter, softened
- 55 gm (¼ cup) raw caster sugar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 380 gm firm ricotta
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 85 gm toasted almonds, coarsely chopped
- 80 gm honey
- 1Preheat oven to 240C. Beat butter, sugar and honey in an electric mixer until smooth, then stir in flour, ricotta and eggs. Transfer to a buttered 23cm-diameter cake tin, smooth top and bake until golden and puffed (12-16 minutes).
- 2Meanwhile, for orange syrup, combine ingredients in a saucepan over low heat, stirring to dissolve honey, then spoon over baked ricotta and serve warm scattered with almonds.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- DestinationsMade in India: the designers and makers of BengaluruYesterday 4:59am