This vibrant spring salad is great served with grilled chicken or fish, or simply partnered with a crusty baguette as a light supper.
- 1 telegraph cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 2 burrata (about 125gm each), to serve
- Tarragon, to serve
- Sliced sourdough bread or baguette, to serve
- 2 cups soft herbs, such as chives, mint, flat-leaf parsley and basil
- 125 ml (½ cup) olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 1For herb oil, blanch herbs in a saucepan of boiling water until just bright green (5 seconds; see cook's notes p176). Drain, refresh in a bowl of iced water, then drain again and squeeze out excess water. Transfer to a jug with oil and garlic, and blend with a hand-held blender until smooth. Set aside for 5 minutes to infuse, then strain through a fine sieve.
- 2Toss cucumber in vinegar and season well with salt to taste. Pull apart burrata and arrange on a serving plate, scatter cucumber on top, then drizzle with herb oil. Generously season with pepper to taste and top with tarragon. Serve with sourdough bread.