- 80 gm unsalted butter, chopped
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1.25 kg cauliflower, cut into florets
- ¼ cup flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 litre chicken or vegetable stock
- 220 gm Stilton, crumbled
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp double cream, to serve
- To serve: toasts spread with Stilton
- 1Melt butter in a heavy-based saucepan, add onion, garlic and oregano, season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground white pepper, then stir over medium heat for 5 minutes or until onion is soft.
- 2Add cauliflower and parsley, then cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes. Add stock and simmer for 15 minutes or until cauliflower is tender, then reduce heat to low, add Stilton, and stir until well combined. Add milk and cook until just heated through.
- 3Ladle soup among bowls, top with a dollop of cream and serve with Stilton toasts.
Drink Suggestion: 2005 Gibbston Valley Blanc de Pinot Noir.