A quick snack that would go very well with a birra.
- For deep-frying: vegetable oil
- 280 gm self-raising flour
- 600 ml chilled soda water
- 1 cauliflower (1kg), broken into large florets, then thinly sliced
- ¼ cup oregano
- To serve: lemon wedges
- 1Heat oil in a large saucepan or deep-fryer to 175C. Place flour in a bowl, season to taste, then whisk in soda water until smooth.
- 2Dip cauliflower in batter in batches, shaking off excess, then deep-fry, turning occasionally, until golden (3-5 minutes; be careful, hot oil may spit). Drain on paper towels and keep warm. Add oregano to hot oil and stir until it stops sizzling (20-30 seconds), remove and drain on paper towels. Season cauliflower with sea salt flakes and oregano and serve with lemon wedges.