- 1 chicken breast fillet (340gm)
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 2 tsp salted baby capers, rinsed
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chives, finely chopped
- ¼ cup flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 16 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1Place chicken breast in a saucepan, cover with water, season to taste with sea salt, then bring to the boil over medium heat. Cook for 8 minutes, then turn off heat and leave for 10 minutes or until chicken is just cooked. Remove chicken and cool.
- 2For mayonnaise, process egg yolk, mustard and lemon juice in a food processor for 1 minute or until pale and frothy then, with motor running, add olive oil in a steady stream until mixture is thick and emulsified. Season to taste. Makes about 1 ¼ cups.
- 3Using fingers, finely shred chicken meat and combine in a large bowl with mayonnaise, celery, capers, garlic and herbs and season to taste. Spread chicken mixture over half the bread slices, top with remaining slices, cut each into quarters and serve immediately.
Drink Suggestion: Punt e Mes and soda.