- 3 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 2 small red chillies (or more, to taste), coarsely chopped, seeds removed (optional)
- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 2 skinless chicken breasts (200gm each), removed form the refrigerator 5 minutes before cooking and thinly sliced across the grain
- 4 long red chillies, thickly sliced
- 60 ml chicken stock (¼ cup)
- 1 1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1 cup (loosely packed) Thai basil leaves
- 1Pound garlic and small chillies with a mortar and pestle (or process in a small food processor) to a paste and set aside.
- 2Heat a large wok over high heat, add half the oil, half the chicken and half the long chillies, and stir-fry until chicken is seared and a little coloured at the edges (2-3 minutes). Set aside and repeat with remaining oil, chicken and chillies.
- 3Add garlic and chilli paste to pan and cook until fragrant (1 minute), then return chicken to pan along with stock, soy sauces and sugar, and stir occasionally until well coated and a thin sauce forms (1-2 minutes). Season to taste, stir in basil and serve with steamed rice
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- DestinationsMade in India: the designers and makers of BengaluruYesterday 4:59am