Summer peaches need little improvement, but it's hard to go wrong with mascarpone, an amaretto glaze and a crumble of biscotti.
- 125 gm raw caster sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 250 gm mascarpone
- ¼ tsp finely grated orange zest
- 30 gm butter
- 4 ripe yellow peaches, halved and stones removed
- 50 ml amaretto, aged rum or brandy
- Almond biscotti, crumbled, to serve
- 1Whisk sugar and egg yolks in a bowl with electric beaters until pale and fluffy. Add mascarpone and orange zest and gently fold in with a whisk. Refrigerate until required.
- 2Heat a frying pan large enough to fit peaches snugly over medium heat. Add butter, and when it starts to foam, add peaches cut-side down and cook until golden (4-5 minutes). Splash in amaretto and cook until peach juices and liquor are bubbling away together and liquid thickens a little (1-2 minutes).
- 3Cool peaches briefly, divide among bowls, and spoon over mascarpone mixture. Drizzle with pan juices and scatter with biscotti to serve.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesHam and cheese toasties with quick-pickled cucumberYesterday 3:00am