This riff on Mexican aguachile with tuna dressed in grapefruit, lime and coriander is a perfect meal for hot nights.
- 500 gm skinless tuna, cut into 2cm dice
- 2 avocados, cut into 1cm dice
- 2 baby fennel bulbs, thinly sliced on a mandolin
- 1 ruby grapefruit, segmented over a bowl, juice reserved
- 1/2 spanish onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (loosely packed) coriander
- 1/4 cup (loosely packed) oregano
- Sliced jalapeño and lime cheeks, to serve
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) mild extra-virgin olive oil
- Finely grated rind and juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 garlic clove, finely grated
- 1/2 tsp ground chipotle chilli (see note) or ground chilli
- 1Combine tuna, avocado, fennel, grapefruit segments, onion and herbs in a bowl.
- 2For dressing, crush coriander seeds with a mortar and pestle or the flat of a knife. Transfer to a small bowl with oil, lime rin and juice, garlic, ground chipotle and 11⁄2 tbsp reserved grapefruit juice, stir to combine and season to taste.
- 3Add dressing to salad to taste, season and toss to combine. Top with jalapeño and serve with lime cheeks.
Ground chipotle chilli is available from Herbie's Spices (herbies.com.au) and select delicatessens.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- ExplainersFlour and Stone's guide to making the perfect pavlovaYesterday 5:00am
- Travel NewsThree of the best dog-friendly hotels in AustraliaYesterday 4:00am