Home-made ravioli is always a treat, especially with the classic flavours of spinach and ricotta, sage and butter. This cheat's version uses wonton wrappers – simply mix, fill, seal and cook.
- 250 gm frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and squeezed to remove excess liquid
- 200 gm firm ricotta, crumbled
- 50 gm (⅔ cup) finely grated parmesan, plus extra to serve
- ¼ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- Semolina, for dusting
- 36 egg wonton wrappers
Lemon and sage brown butter
- 80 gm chilled unsalted butter, diced
- 16 sage leaves
- Juice of ½ lemon (or to taste)
- 1Combine spinach, ricotta, parmesan and nutmeg in a bowl, and season to taste.
- 2Dust an oven tray with semolina. Place half the wonton wrappers on a clean work surface and spoon 1 heaped tsp spinach filling onto the centre of each. Rub edges with a little water, then place remaining wrappers on top, pressing to seal. Place on prepared tray.
- 3Cook the ravioli in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until they float (3 minutes), then transfer to warm bowls with
a slotted spoon.
- 4Meanwhile, for lemon and sage brown butter, heat a frying pan over high heat. Add butter and swirl until foaming and nut brown (2 minutes). Immediately remove from heat, add sage and swirl until crisp (20-30 seconds). Add lemon juice and season to taste. Drizzle sauce over ravioli and serve with parmesan.