- 400 gm (2 cups) brown rice
- 400 gm sweet potato, cut into wedges
- 110 ml extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 3⁄4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1⁄4 tsp ground cumin
- 1⁄4 tsp ground coriander
- 2 corn cobs, cut into 3cm thick rounds
- 1 cup (firmly packed) baby spinach, plus extra to serve
- 3⁄4 cup (firmly packed) coriander, plus extra sprigs to serve
- 3 spring onions, coarsely chopped, plus 1 extra, thinly sliced (optional)
- 2 pickled green chillies, coarsely chopped, plus extra to serve
- 1 garlic clove
- Juice of 1 lime, plus wedges to serve
- 400 gm canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 400 gm cherry tomatoes, halved
- Tortilla chips (optional), to serve
- 1Bring rice and 1.25 litres water to the boil in a large saucepan, cover with a lid and reduce heat to low. Cook until rice is tender and all water is absorbed (35-40 minutes), then remove from heat and stand covered for 10 minutes to steam.
- 2Meanwhile, preheat oven to 200°C. Combine sweet potato, 11⁄2 tbsp oil, 1⁄2 tsp smoked paprika, and ground cumin and coriander in an oven tray, season and toss to coat and roast until tender (25-30 minutes). Place corn on a separate oven tray, drizzle with extra oil, remaining smoked paprika and sea salt and roast until tender (10-15 minutes).
- 3Purée spinach, coriander, coarsely chopped spring onion, pickled chilli, garlic, half the lime juice, 50ml oil and 1 tbsp water in a blender, season and stir half into the rice. Add remaining lime juice and oil to dressing.
- 4Toss beans and tomatoes in a bowl with a little coriander dressing and season to taste.
- 5Top rice with sweet potato, corn, bean mixture, coriander, extra spinach and extra dressing and serve scattered with thinly sliced spring onion and crushed tortilla chips.
Drink Suggestion: A nutty brown ale.
Drink suggestion by Max Allen.