"This soup is the epitome of simple," says Dunn. "Seek out some of the wonderfully smoky Latin American chillies from your nearest spice shop - they really give this soup some oomph (or try herbies.com.au)."
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 20 gm mixed dried chillies (such as chipotle and New Mexico), crushed
- 600 ml chicken or fish stock
- 400 gm canned crushed tomatoes
- 12 oysters
- To serve: coriander sprigs
- 1Heat olive oil in a large saucepan, add onion and garlic and sauté over low heat until very soft (about 10 minutes). Add chillies and sauté until fragrant, then add stock and crushed tomatoes, increase heat to medium-high and simmer for 15 minutes. Season soup to taste, stir in oysters, ladle into bowls and serve with coriander sprigs.
Drink Suggestion: Deep-pink rosé. Drink suggestion by Max Allen