We've used the red variety, but any quinoa will work in this recipe.
- 125 gm red quinoa
- 12 quail eggs
- 1 bunch each green and white asparagus, (white ones peeled), cut into small batons
- 8 large green olives, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup each coarsely chopped mint and flat-leaf parsley
- 1 golden shallot, thinly sliced
- Large pinch of sumac
Anchovy and lemon vinaigrette
- 60 ml (¼ cup) olive oi
- Juice of 1 small lemon, or to taste
- 3 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1Cook quinoa in boiling salted water until tender (15-20 minutes), then drain and spread on a tray to dry.
- 2Meanwhile, cook eggs in boiling water until medium-boiled (3 minutes). Drain, then refresh, peel and set aside.
- 3Blanch asparagus (2-4 minutes), then refresh and set aside.
- 4For anchovy and lemon vinaigrette, whisk ingredients in a bowl to combine. Season to taste and set aside.
- 5Combine remaining ingredients (except sumac) in a bowl, add quinoa, asparagus and dressing, toss to combine, and spread on a platter. Halve eggs and arrange on top, scatter with sumac and serve.
This recipe is from the March 2012 issue of .
Drink Suggestion: Pale dry pinot noir rosé Drink suggestion by Max Allen