- 45 gm raisins
- 45 gm sultanas
- 30 gm currants
- 20 gm mixed peel
- 15 gm pitted dates, finely chopped
- 100 ml brandy
- 400 ml thickened cream
- 1 titanium-strength gelatine leaf (see note), softened in cold water for 5 minutes
- 225 gm eggwhites (about 6)
- 250 gm caster sugar
- 100 gm dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids), chopped
- 15 gm coconut oil
- 1Combine fruit and brandy in a jar. Refrigerate for 1 week.
- 2Grease a 21cm-wide bundt tin and line with 2 layers of plastic wrap, leaving about 5cm of overhang. Use a dry pastry brush to push wrap into all the crevices of the tin. Alternatively, use a traditional pudding tin.
- 3Bring 60ml cream to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Squeeze excess water from gelatine and add to hot cream. Set aside to cool until just warm (10 minutes). Whisk remaining cream to soft peaks in a mixer on high speed. Working quickly, pour in gelatine mixture and whisk to combine, cover and refrigerate until required.
- 4Whisk eggwhites in an electric mixer on medium speed until frothy, then add sugar 1 tablespoon at a time, dissolving between each addition. Increase speed to high and whisk until firm peaks (3-5 minutes). Stir soaked fruit in a large bowl to break up, then gently fold through meringue. Fold in whipped cream, pour into prepared tin, cover and freeze overnight.
- 5Add chocolate and coconut oil to a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, stirring occasionally, until melted.
- 6Invert pudding onto a serving plate and remove from the tin pulling gently at the lining (if it's not coming out easily, dip tin in hot water for a few seconds at a time until it loosens). Drizzle over chocolate topping and serve immediately.
Titanium-strength gelatine leaves are available from The Essential Ingredient.
Wine suggestion: San Giusto a Rentennano Vin San Giusto from Tuscany, Italy. Wine suggestion by Gavin Cremming.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Gift Guides9 luxury Father's Day gift ideas for the dapper dadYesterday 11:33pm