New-season asparagus and goat's curd make a perfect pairing, though poached eggs with this dish also wouldn't go astray.
- 8 thick slices sourdough bread
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 3 bunches asparagus, tough ends trimmed
- 200 gm goat’s curd
- 1 cup (loosely packed) mixed soft herbs, such as mint, parsley, chives, chervil, tarragon and basil
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1Preheat oven to 220C. Drizzle bread slices with oil, season to taste and grill, turning once, until toasted on both sides (4-5 minutes). Rub bread with cut-side of garlic and set aside.
- 2Place asparagus in an oven tray, drizzle with oil, season to taste and roast, turning occasionally, until tender and slightly charred (2-3 minutes).
- 3Meanwhile, for herb salad, toss ingredients in a bowl to combine and season to taste.
- 4Spread toast with goat’s curd, top with asparagus and herb salad and serve warm.