- 4 thick slices sourdough
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 1 kg mussels, debearded and scrubbed
- 2 fresh chorizo sausages (100gm each), thickly sliced
- 1 cup (loosely packed) flat-leaf parsley, coarsely torn
- 1 tsp coriander seeds, crushed
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, seeds discarded, finely diced
- 60 ml (¼ cup) Sherry vinegar
- 60 ml (¼ cup) extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 golden shallots, finely chopped
- 2 small garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp thinly sliced basil
- 1For tomato-sherry vinaigrette, combine ingredients in a large bowl and season to taste.
- 2Brush bread with oil and char-grill over high heat, turning once, until golden and charred on both sides (2-4 minutes). Rub with cut sides of garlic and keep warm.
- 3Grill mussels and chorizo on a barbecue, turning once, removing mussels as they open, until chorizo is golden and cooked through and all mussels are open (6-8 minutes for chorizo; 8-10 minutes for mussels). Transfer to tomato-sherry vinaigrette bowl, toss to combine and season to taste. Spoon onto grilled bread, drizzle with juices and serve scattered with parsley.