- 320 gm dried spaghettini
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small red chilli, thinly sliced
- ¼ tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 500 gm calamari tubes (about 8), cleaned, thinly sliced crossways
- 260 gm passata (1 cup)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- To serve: lemon wedges
- 1Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until al dente (about 8 minutes). Drain, return to pan and keep warm.
- 2Meanwhile, heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat, add garlic, chilli and paprika and cook until garlic starts to colour (about 1 minute). Add calamari and cook until opaque (about 2 minutes). Add passata and cook until warmed through (about 2 minutes), season to taste with sea salt and ground black pepper. Add to pasta with two-thirds of the parsley and toss to combine. Serve scattered with remaining parsley and lemon to the side.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesBeef koftas with green couscous and pistachio nutsYesterday 12:00am