Substitute cauliflower for plain old white rice to up the vegetable count, either as a bed for a curry, or in this twist on fried rice.
- 1 large cauliflower, chopped
- 60 ml (¼ cup) neutral-flavoured oil, such as vegetable oil
- 4 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 50 gm ginger, finely chopped
- 1 bunch of snake beans (about 200gm), thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- Maggi seasoning (see note), to taste
- Lime wedges, for squeezing, plus extra to serve
- Thinly sliced spring onion and long red chilli, to serve
- Coriander leaves, to serve
- 1Process cauliflower in batches in a food processor until very finely chopped.
- 2Heat half the oil in a wok over high heat until smoking. Add egg and stir vigorously until completely dry and broken up (1-2 minutes), then transfer to a plate. Add remaining oil to wok with garlic and ginger and stir-fry until fragrant (30 seconds), add beans and stir-fry until starting to become tender (1-2 minutes), then add cauliflower and fish sauce and stir-fry until cauliflower starts to soften (2-3 minutes). Return egg to pan, season to taste with Maggi seasoning and white pepper, and squeeze in lime juice to taste.
- 3Top with spring onion, chilli and coriander, and serve with extra lime wedges.
Maggi seasoning is available from Asian grocers and select supermarkets.