- 2 stalks lemon grass, bruised
- 1 pandanus leaf, knotted
- 1 vanilla bean, sliced lengthways
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- 1½ cups water
- 650 gm lychees, peeled
- 250 gm cherries, pitted and halved
- 1 white guava, peeled, cut into wedges
- To serve: vanilla bean or coconut ice-cream, optional
- 1Place lemongrass, pandanus leaf, scraped seeds of 1 vanilla bean and bean, caster sugar and 1½ cups water in a small saucepan and stir over low heat until sugar dissolves. Boil syrup until reduced by half, then set cool.
- 2Place lychees, cherries, guava and syrup in a bowl, combine well and refrigerate until chilled. Divide fruit and syrup among bowls and serve immediately, with ice-cream, if using.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesCitrus-cured salmon with horseradish cream and bagelsYesterday 11:00pm
- Fast RecipesChar-grilled capsicum salad with sherry vinaigretteYesterday 11:00pm