- 200 ml milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 60 gm pure icing sugar, sieved, plus extra for dusting
- 4 thick soft white bread slices, or brioche slices
- 150 gm butter, diced
- Maple syrup and vanilla ice-cream, to serve
- 1Preheat oven to 180C. Whisk milk, eggs and icing sugar in a bowl until well combined. Dip bread slices into egg mixture and set aside on a tray to soak (2 minutes).
- 2Heat a quarter of the butter in a frying pan over medium-high heat, add a slice of bread and cook, turning once, until golden on both sides (2-4 minutes). Transfer bread to an oven tray lined with baking paper and keep warm in a low oven while you repeat with remaining butter and bread. Serve warm topped with ice-cream and maple syrup and dusted with icing sugar