This fresh soup makes a lovely light weeknight supper. For a vegetarian version, simply replace the chicken stock with vegetable stock.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 small red chilli, finely chopped, plus extra thinly sliced to serve
- 1 kg small zucchini (about 10), diced
- 700 ml hot chicken stock
- ½ cup (loosely packed) mint
- To serve: Greek-style yoghurt, lemon wedges and grilled flatbread
- To serve: extra-virgin olive oil
- 1Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and chilli and stir occasionally until tender (5-6 minutes). Add zucchini and stir occasionally until bright green (4-5 minutes), add hot stock, increase heat to high and bring to the boil.
- 2Reduce heat to medium, simmer until zucchini is just tender (4-5 minutes), process with a hand-held blender until smooth and season to taste.
- 3Divide soup among bowls, top with mint, yoghurt and chilli, drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and serve hot with lemon wedges and grilled flatbread.